August 3, 2011

Scallops...or scales...or petals

It is sooo hot in Arizona right now. Just putting clothes on is miserable. But since I don't think my in-laws would appreciate me going about in my underwears, I have to! So I've been living in light-weight short sleeved tees. I decided to make this one more exciting by adding a little embellishment. After giving up on a hundred different ideas I had, I finally settled on these little scallopy things:



All I did was cut out some circles....



 Bend the tops over like this....


And pin them onto the shirt in two rows. Then I sewed them on!

Oh an since I'm too lazy to stitch around the edges for fray prevention, I just put clear nail polish around the edges... whatever works, right?

I think it would probably look better with more circles or bigger ones.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this little chain of petals and the colors are great. You might love Fray check !

Divino said...

Grreat reading your blog post