August 15, 2012

More Fondant Cakes

Rainbow Cake
I made this for a friend's daughter's birthday. I frosted it with butter cream, then cut out fondant hearts in every color of the rainbow and put them on in a diagonal pattern.  I just free-handed the letters using fondant. For the rainbow and number on top, I used gum paste. The inside was also a different color of the rainbow for each layer.  Unfortunately, they didn't take a picture after it was cut.

Paris Cake
I did this one for another friend's daughter.  For the Eiffel Tower, I printed an image I found online, cut it out, layed it on some gum paste and cut around it for the basic shape.  I then colored all the black markings with an edible marker.  The number and name plate are also gum paste. My friend Melanie created an adorable dessert table for the party...

2 comments:

natalli said...

sups adorbs.

Kambria Smith Robinson said...

I love r that the number blends so well with the design...I had to look twice to realize it was the numba. Cuh-yute