May 6, 2013

DIY Button Necklace

I've seen a few button necklace ideas on Pinterest, and decided to make my own!
 I went to SAS and picked out a variety of gold buttons, which was so much fun!  I don't know what it is about buttons, but I love digging through piles of them and finding the ones I like.  When I was little, my mom  would let me buy a few buttons to add to my collection (housed in a Ball jar), every time we went to the fabric store (which was often).  
 I arranged the buttons on a scrap of felt and hot glued them down once I had them arranged.  I also used wire cutter/pliers to snap off the backs of the buttons that were too bulky.  I then cut around the buttons so the felt wouldn't show, then sewed the chain to the back of the felt.
I love the different textures and tones of the buttons, and now this dress won't be so plain!

No comments: